During the 2003-04 academic year, officers of the UTK Faculty Senate, representing the Executive Committee, made a decision to establish a gift fund to support the work of the Faculty Senate. The Faculty Senate Shared Governance Fund may receive gifts from any donor. These gifts shall be added to the FACULTY SENATE SHARED GOVERNANCE FUND and be subject to the terms and conditions of these Provisions.
How to Support the Faculty Senate Shared Governance Fund
Give securely online via dedicated link: http://giving.utk.edu/facultysenate
Payroll Deduction for UT Employees
- To initiate a Payroll gift, go to: https://payroll.andi.tennessee.edu/Home/LogOn
- Log on with NetID and Password
- Click “Create a Gift”
- In Designation 1, click the dropdown to “Enter a designation not listed”.
- Enter “Faculty Senate Shared Gov, FACUL_S03”: $XX (Amount you wish to give monthly)
- Enter new total monthly amount
- Choose whether to split credit with spouse (splitting gift credit with spouse is the default)
- Choose if this is a one-time payment—otherwise the gift will be ongoing until it is amended by the you, the donor
- Click agree to “I understand that my deduction will begin next month”
- Confirm and Submit.
Checks may be made to the “University of Tennessee Foundation.” Write on memo line: FACUL_S03 S01-0021-482. Checks should be mailed to Jane Gulley, Arts and Sciences Development, Alumni Memorial Building, Suite 137, 1408 Middle Drive, Knoxville, TN 37996. Please do not send checks by campus mail.
Use of Funds
The purpose of this fund is to provide leadership and networking opportunities for members of the UTK Faculty Senate. Uses shall include, but are not limited to:
- Travel related to conferences
- Senate communications (i.e., newsletters, website development)
- Travel related expenses (i.e. meals, entertaining, car rental)
- Any other proposed activities that further the purpose and mission of the UTK Faculty Senate
It is important to note that the purpose of this fund is to enhance the effectiveness of the UTK Faculty Senate and is in addition to funding provided by the University of Tennessee Administration. The Chancellor is committed to maintaining funding for the UTK Faculty Senate and will not punish fundraising success by reducing the budget allocation to the UTK Faculty Senate as a result of increased private support.
A representative of the Office of the Chancellor, as appointed by the Chancellor, shall be responsible for maintaining all records relating to the Faculty Senate Shared Governance Fund. The Executive Committee of the Faculty Senate shall communicate with the membership on an annual basis concerning the use of these funds. The President of the Faculty Senate may make expenditures up to $100 without consultation with the Executive Committee. Other expenditures must be made with the approval of the Executive Committee and with notification to the Office of the Chancellor. At no time shall expenditures exceed the balance available in the Fund.
Any program, project, or activity funded shall be subject to all the usual policies and administrative guidelines required by The University of Tennessee. Any amount used for a member award is open to all-eligible members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Approved by the UTK Faculty Senate on February 2, 2004